sábado, 7 de marzo de 2009

two backpackers passing in the airport...

TO GET THE WHOLE STORY START TO FINISH START WITH ¨THE DAY PERU SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE¨ THIS IS THE VERY END!


i look for the immigration office in the airport...there is no one to be found...think...and then it hits me that the immigration is behind the wall..the area i so swiftly passed through on my EARLY arrival to lima...the chit chat...the broken spanish...the first bag off the baggage claim...the place where we were supposed to meet...during my perfect day...

thats where ruben was...the desk 13 where my name was called...thats where ruben was...he asked my airline to call...

and where was he looking for me? he was looking for me afterwards in the commons area...the area i said i would be waiting for him in the email to his sister...the place i was until i left to check my email...tell my story to his airline...buy soles... and call his dad...twice...that where ruben was, he was looking for me...

and the flight? the flight i decided not to take? i would have found ruben...in baggage claim...at the same time he would have arrived...in quito...and i had to wait another 3 days instead before i could get the same deal again from the airline...

so i am still in lima...and i still have not found ruben...and that $100? still had to pay...so the real cost was our time...all the time i tried saving by buying my flight to lima...

(but now we are together and it is amazing! and we will start a new adventure here in quito again...) I FOUND HIM!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

does this mean i can comment? bethany!!! im now addicted to your blog! im glad you are both safe and found each other!

-Megan

(i think i did it right??)

Anónimo dijo...

HELLO BETHANY

I AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE TOGETHER, IS CORRECT THE AVENTURE IS STARTING, SO I HOPE THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING, THE LIFE IS VERY INTERESTING AND YOU TOO.

PAVI.